Six civilians killed in airstrikes on Aleppo rebel area, monitor says
According to Rapporteur Report From, DPA, Link, The strikes by unidentified jets targeted the rebel-controlled town of al-Atareb on the western edge of Aleppo, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights added.
The dead included a man, his son and a daughter-in-law.
Saturday’s bombing was the second in al-Atareb in the past 24 hours, the Britain-based Observatory said.
Three rebels were killed in air bombardment in the town on Friday.
There was no comment in Damascus.
On Thursday, the last residents and rebel fighters were evacuated from the final opposition stronghold in eastern Aleppo, giving government forces full control of the divided city.
Two people were Saturday killed and 33 injured in eastern Aleppo in blasts caused by explosives left behind by rebels, Syria's state news agency SANA reported.
The explosions took place inside a school and an adjacent building in the eastern neighbourhood of al-Sukri, SANA added, citing a local police official.
The two fatalities were government soldiers, a Syrian military source told dpa on condition of anonymity.
"Military engineering units are now combing eastern Aleppo districts, especially places which the terrorists used as their premises and weapon warehouses," the source added.
Government forces and allied paramilitaries entered eastern Aleppo on Thursday following the end of the week-long evacuation operation, marking a major defeat for the opposition.
The evacuees left for areas under control of rebels in the western Aleppo countryside and Idlib in north-western Syria.
Once Syria’s commercial hub, Aleppo had been split up between the government and the opposition since 2012.